Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Contentment

So Ruth and I are reading this book “By Ones & By Twos”. And in my reading today I really liked some quotes about being single and just being content with life. I liked them enough to want to share them with all of you. Happy reading!

“No lover makes my kiss his daily quest. No hand across the table reaches mine. No precious baby nestles at my breast. No one to need my love. Where is the sign that God, my Father loves me? Surely He Creates this wealth of love to overflow. How can it be that no one who wanted me has become mine? Why did I tell them ‘no’? But do they really matter-all the ‘Why’s? Could all the answers take away the pain, or all the reasons really dry my eyes, Though sent form Heaven’s courts? No, I would weep again. My God, You have saved me from Hell’s black abyss; Oh, save me form the tyranny of bitterness!”
~Natalie Ray

“Let not our longing slay the appetite of our living. Accept and thank God for what is given not allowing the not-given to spoil it.”
~Elisabeth Elliot

P.S. Chloe is doing Great! =-)

No comments: